Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review: Succubus Dreams by Richelle Mead (Georgina Kincaid #3)


Georgina Kincaid #3
By Richelle Mead
Genre: Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy
Sexual Intensity: Hot
My Rating: A+

Synopsis from B&N.com
Some days, a girl just can't catch a break. . . . . .especially when the girl in question is Georgina Kincaid, a shape-shifting succubus who gets her energy from seducing men. First there's her relationship with gorgeous bestselling writer Seth Mortensen, which is unsatisfying on a number of levels. It's not just that they can't have sex in case Georgina inadvertently kills him (generally a turn-off for most guys). Lately, even spending time together is a challenge. Seth's obsessed with finishing his latest novel, and Georgina's under demonic orders to mentor the new (and surprisingly inept) succubus on the block. Then there are the dreams. Someone, or something, is preying on Georgina at night, draining her energy, and supplying eerie visions of her future. Georgina seeks answers from Dante, a dream interpreter with ties to the underworld, but his flirtatious charm only leaves her more confused—especially as the situation with Seth reaches crisis point. Now Georgina faces a double challenge—rein in her out-of-control love life, and go toe-to-toe with an enemy capable of wreaking serious havoc among mankind. Otherwise, Georgina, and the entire mortal world, may never sleep easy again. . .

My Thoughts
Well I'm not really sure where to go with this review. I don't want to give much away in case you haven't read ANY of the Succubus series from Richelle Mead, so I'll be short and sweet. Quite possibly my favorite, and LEAST favorite in the series. I only say this is my least favorite in the series because I've been emotionally scarred at how this book turned out. I never saw it coming. Richelle Mead is some kind of evil genius to weave these beautiful stories and then just twist them and break my heart. I was telling my friend Christi from Smitten With Reading that this series has taken hold of me like no other book ever has. All I can do is recommend this series to anyone who loves a great romance with a paranormal twist. Hang on for the ride because it's full of ups and downs and side to sides!! 

1 comment:

  1. *sob* You said it best when you said ... Quite possibly my favorite, and LEAST favorite in the series.

    ReplyDelete