Monday, November 7, 2011

Pretty When She Dies discussion questions, week 1

Fangtastic Fridays

I'm a few days late to the discussion, but in my defense, I am moving back home to the states, haha! 
I joined this reading challenge and am SO GLAD I DID! This book was amazing. A truly chilling vampire book and I can't wait to read the sequel which comes out soon, "Pretty When She Kills". So this past Friday began our discussion and we have five questions to answer, here are mine:)

1. After reading through Amaliya's 'awakening'... So realistic and freaking horrifying right? *shudders* What are your reactions to such a vivid scene?

Honestly, this was the part of the book I struggled with most. I can't tell you whether it was because of writing or if it was my state of mind. Like I said, my husband and I are in the process of moving from Okinawa back to the states so I have a lot on my mind! I just had a hard time focusing on what was happening in the beginning of the book but it didn't take me long to get sucked right in! You will be chilled to the bone with how this book opens. Truly terrifying!

2. I know it's EARLY on, and we've only gotten a glimpse of him, but... In YOUR opinion, the man who made Amaliya into a vampire... friend or foe?

Definately foe! I got a really creepy vibe from him right out the gate and I am a pretty decent judge of character;)

3. Amaliya's family are some PIECES of work aren't they??? While I HOPE no one has a family as freaking crazy nuts as hers... We all have a few nutjobs in our family tree right? Tell me about a crazy member of YOUR family... Or a time when you thought, "Please, NO... I am SO not with them!"

Hmm...you know, I really don't think I have a family member like that, lol! They're all pretty much cool peeps w/out alot of drama! Boring I know, but it is what it is:)

4. Pete... Awww, Pete... He confesses his unending love for her, then everything goes to hell in a hand-basket! Who is/was YOUR Pete? Did you have a guy who was hopelessly in love with you for years that you never even knew about?

I never had anyone in love with me who I didn't know about, I moved too much growing up, I had way too many changes in schools to grow any kind of roots, lol! I did really love Pete though, how sweet was he!?!

5. Have you started connecting with Amaliya? What specific instance stands out the most for you? (hopefully you are LOVING her hardcore by Chapter 6!)

Why yes I have:) I started loving her right as she hit the hidden orgy and took them all out, lol! I was like "DAMN! This chick is hard core!" And I've loved her since:) I love how she took her transformation and wasn't overly dramatic about it. She freaks out at first but strikes out immediately to get out of her makers territory and tries to survive. You gotta love a woman who knows how to take care of herself...

No comments:

Post a Comment